Hello! Project 2009 Winter Wonderful Hearts Tour Begins!
18:00: Hello! Project 2009 Winter Wonderful Hearts Kouen ~Kakumei Gannen~ @ Nakano Sun Plaza
This year’s winter Wonderful Hearts tour began today and is presumably the last under the current Wonderful Hearts / Elder Club arrangement! The set-list is below with a tiny review of each track from the live recording I’ve heard;
- Resonant Blue – Wonderful Hearts
- I really like Resonant Blue and this performance was good, not breathtaking or as good as Morning Musume’s own performance of it at their last spring concert.
- LALALA Shiawase no Uta – Wonderful Hearts
- I’m not a massive fan of this song but it works quite well in concerts I suppose.
- Minna no Tamago – Shugo-Chara Egg
- I don’t have this track on my i-pod so I haven’t listened to it very often but it’s quite cute and I’m glad these girls are getting some work. It was okay in concert, not mind blowing or anything.
- Hapi Hapi Sunday – Kusumi Koharu
- Um what, I sort of enjoyed this…It’s the first time I’ve heard the song and it’s definitely it’s first live performance. It was a cute song and so much better than her last single which was more than a bit of a disaster in my eyes.
- TANTANTAAN – MilkyWay
- Like the last song this was really cute, Kikkawa has an amazing voice. I don’t like the song itself that much though this wasn’t a bad performance.
- FOREVER LOVE – C-ute
- C-ute are awesome and really owned 2008, this performance was awesome and the crowd were pretty into it. They all sounded really good and this song has definitely grown on me.
- Meguru Koi no Kisetsu – C-ute, Tanaka Reina & Mitsui Aika
- This is quite possibly my least favourite C-ute song though I can see that it is a good crowd motivator. I didn’t think this performance was particularly special and although the addition of Reina and Mitsui was a bit random they sounded good with C-ute, they didn’t add too much though.
- MADAYADE – Berryz Koubou
- I LOVE and I think the concert performance was pretty reasonable though I have to say I don’t think Berryz are as good as cute and that pains me to say as I actually think I prefer Berryz better as a group of people, just not so much as singers. Not a bad performance but not on par with C-ute.
- Koi no Jubaku – Sudou Maasa, Kumai Yurina, Tokunaga Chinami, Sugaya Risako, Kamei Eri & Michishige Sayumi
- Okay I absolutely LOVE this song, it’s perhaps my favourite Berryz Koubou song and I love that they brought in Kamei and Michishige. Risako sounded awesome and I have to say Michishige sounded lovely – a lot better than when she performed the song solo on Hello! Pro Hour in 2006. This was a lot better than MADAYADE and the crowd really got going.
- Lalala-Sososo – Mano Erina
- I really like Mano Erina and I think this song is really cute but I have to say, her voice is very grating and a little painful to listen to at times. It’s a cute melody but not exactly crowd pleasing. This was a little lame.
- Rottara Rottara – Buono!
- Buono! are awesome and this song is really catchy and fun, it was a good performance and Suzuki Airi really sounded very good!
- Naichau Kamo – Morning Musume
- This single is really cool and I hope it manages to sell a little more than Pepper Keibu. Again I think Michishige stood out during this performance, her singing has really improved! Everyone sounded pretty good and of course Takahashi Ai owned the song.
- Mikan – Morning Musume with Yajima Maimi & Sugaya Risako replacing Takahashi Ai & Tanaka Reina
- I’m not quite sure why Risako and Maimi replaced Morning Musume’s front girls for this song but it worked quite well. For some reason I found it funny hearing Risako singing this song – she sounded good though and I’m really thinking she needs another project as well as Berryz – I’d consider buying solo releases from her, I liked REAL LOVE! This was a pretty good performance, Mikan is actually a good song!
- Dschinghas Khan – Wonderful Hearts
- Everyone reunited for this song and it wasn’t a bad performance but for some reason it felt a little lacklustre.
- Shiroi Tokyo – Niigaki Risa, Tokunaga Chinami, Sudou Maasa, Nakijima Saki, Hagiwara Mai & Mano Erina
- An interesting group singing this really fun ZYX song. I think it worked out quite well and I like that Chinami had a solo line. Hagiwara sounded great in particular and the crowd got into this.
- Natsu Doki Lipstick – Yajima Maimi, Kikkawa Yuu, Maeda Yuuka, Fukuda Kanon, Sekine Azusa, Saho Akari, Ogawa Saki
- I like this song but I thought it was a little bit of an odd choice straight after Shiroi Tokyo which had a very wintry feel compared to this evidently summer song. Yajima sounded good which she should, this is afterall her solo song. Some of the Hello! Pro Egg sounded a little shaky but nonetheless not bad.
- Baka ni Shinaide – Shimizu Saki, Natsuyaki Miyabi, Kumai Yurina & Sugaya Risako
- This is a really good song and I like this small grouping, their voices work well together. I was pleased to hear captain getting some singing opportunities, she’s not half bad. Risako was very prominent as always here and I think the weakest was probably Yurina.
- Mr.Moonlight ~Ai no Big Band~ – Takahashi Ai, Umeda Erika, Tokunaga Chinami, Nakijima Saki, Okai Chisato, Arihara Kanna, Saho Akari, Sekine Azusa
- This was a pretty interesting performance with really only one powerful voice (Takahashi) who led most of the performance. In fact it was almost a solo performance with the other girls doing backup.
- Soku, Dakishimete – C-ute
- This is one of C-ute’s best songs in my opinion but without Megumi it doesn’t have the same punch as it once did. Nevertheless this was a good performance, especially for so late in the concert.
- Gag 100kaibun Aishitekudasai – Berryz Koubou
- Seems like someone was taking a strip down memory lane for Berryz and C-ute when they choose the last two songs, this being from 2005. It wasn’t a bad performance but a little dull compared to Soku, Dakishimete.
- Darling I LOVE YOU – Berryz Koubou & C-ute
- This shared coupling track is actually pretty good and this collaborative effort allowed the song to sound more powerful than it usually would. A pretty good performance!
- Take off is now – Tanaka Reina, Takahashi Ai & Niigaki Risa
- I’m not familiar with this song but the performance was pretty interesting, I liked the rhythm and everyone sounded pretty good – Tanaka’s voice actually annoyed me a bit though for some reason.
- Renai Revolution 21 – Morning Musume
- Some retro-Musume! This was a pretty standard performance of the song and all I could think about during it was Ice Creamusume’s cover! Not a bad performance but we’ve seen it before, a lot!
- Guru Guru Jump – Wonderful Hearts
- Another song I wasn’t too familiar with – It was a pretty fun performance and although the singing was a little weak in certain areas the crowd were pretty into it.
- Ame no Furanai Hoshi de wa Aisenai Darou? – Wonderful Hearts
- I love this song a lot and the last concert performance of it was pretty spectacular. The Chinese part is my favorite mainly for the awesomeness of Linlin! I can’t wait to hear Ice Creamusume’s version of it! This performance was nice if not a bit shouty!
Overall a not bad setlist, I’ve heard some people complaining that it’s a little bit boring and while it’s not the best setlist that Wonderful Hearts have done it’s by no means bad! I’d have liked a bit more Junjun / Linlin – I won’t give up hope!
I’m looking forward to the elder club concert a little bit more which begins on 2009-01-10!